Filling Committee Vacancies

                                   Kalkaska County Department of Veterans Affairs Committee

In accordance with Public Act 192 of 1953 [as amended] :  Eligible Veterans must be   residents of Kalkaska County and “shall have served Honorably on active duty in the US Armed Forces or served actively in the US Armed Forces”.   Knowledge, skills, and experience in public service, business or finance are desired.  

Interested applicants must obtain an Application for the Veterans Affairs Committee through the Office of the Clerk for Kalkaska County, located in the County Administration Building at 605 N Birch Street, Kalkaska, Michigan 49646;  or on the County website. 

Interested applicants must submit a copy of their DD214/ Discharge/Notice of Separation, and, if applicable, a letter of recommendation from a Service Organization with their Application.   If applying as an Independent member, no letter from a Service Organization is necessary.   

Applications will be held until a Vacancy occurs.   Interviews take place at the regularly scheduled Veterans Affairs Committee Meetings. 

If you have any questions, please contact the Kalkaska Veterans Affairs office at 231-258-3370.