Veterans ID Card

1.      A Veteran ID Card (VIC) is not the same as a Veteran Health Identification Card.  The ID card is a form of photo ID you can use to get discounts offered to Veterans at many stores, businesses, and restaurants. When you have this card, you won’t need to carry around your military discharge papers or share sensitive personal information to receive discounts. If you have a VIC, you don’t need to request another type of photo ID card to prove you’re a Veteran or to get retail or business discounts. You may be eligible if you meet both of the requirements listed below.
    Both of the following statements must be true.
    a.  You served on active duty, in the Reserves, or in the National Guard (including the Coast Guard), and
b.  You Received an honorable or general discharge (under honorable conditions) 
You can apply online.  

If you received an other than honorable, bad conduct, or dishonorable character of discharge, you are not eligible for a Veteran ID Card.  
                                                                                              ~  ~  ~                           

 2.      You can also obtain a Veteran's designation on your state-issued drivers' license or ID:     At this time, all 50 states and Puerto Rico offer a Veteran designation (an identifying mark) printed on state-issued driver’s licenses or IDs. The type of Veteran designation may vary from state to state.    If you have a Veteran’s designation, you may be able to get discounts offered to Veterans at many stores, businesses, and restaurants.      You will need to provide a copy of your discharge papers  (DD214 or other separation documents).
                                                                                                 ~  ~  ~       

3.  New Military ID cards, or renewal of an existing ID card, or Dependent ID card,  can be scheduled through the Coast Guard Station in Traverse City, MI by calling 231-922-8227, or at Camp Grayling, by calling 989-344-6996.